Simple explanation of the differences between modeless and modal dialogs.
Show() – Modeless
- Doesn’t stop executing.
- Can show and create several windows and interact all at once.
ShowDialog() – Modal
- Intercepts code execution.
- Stops interaction with other windows.
- Ideal for presenting the user with a choice that must be made before continuing.
- When a form is closed the form object and all it’s control information still exists until the referencing variable goes out of scope:
Form1 myForm = new Form1();
....lots of code here.....